Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Yosemite National Park

Yosemite National Park was a pretty fun area. Our first stop was Bridal Veil Falls. Brooke and I needed jackets because of all the mist from the waterfall, it was cold. We then went to Lower Yosemite Falls. The shuttle service at Yosemite is not as good as Zion's so we got a bit frustrated at a few points. We were still able see lots of places and did lots of walking. One hike was to Vernal Falls. It was a 1 1/2 mile walk one way, but a bit strenuous. At the top there are lots of steps but they get real wet from the mist from the falls. When the steps got too wet and many people were starting to back up on the stairs we decided it was time to turn around. There were no rails and the edges were a bit too close for these parents. The kids were great and hardly complained at what we had put them through today. It was a fun day. Long and hard, but it was good. Yosemite is known for all the waterfalls and for Half Dome a huge mountain.



3 comments:

  1. Cool waterfall! But not as cool as the one on Oahu. And unfortunately probably no Matsumoto's afterward either. I guess we just need to go back to Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a pretty area. I'm jealous. I wish I was on vacation right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can compare that waterfall to is Bridal veil falls in Provo Canyon..... I bet yours is much much more beautiful, but my waterfall is better than Mr. Reese's. :) and Great Family Picture!!!

    ReplyDelete